Our Rent Ready Standards
We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents.
In order to comply with the Utah Warranty of Habitability (Utah Code § 57-22-1 through 6), Utahl law, and Maxfield Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- All mechanical elements and appliances working as designed.
- HVAC system in good operating condition, new filter installed.
- Clean and mildew-free caulking in kitchen and bathrooms.
- All doors, locks, windows must work properly; open, close and lock
- Window screens must be in good condition
- Property professionally cleaned, free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
Full Rent-Ready Requirements
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements, including the Utah Warranty of Habitability Requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- Housekeeping: Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’. Garage floor swept and driveway cleared of snow during winter months.
- Personal Property: No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispensers, toilet bowl cleaners, pictures, etc.
- Lawn Equipment: No lawn equipment left, including mowers, tools, etc.
- Floors: Carpet is professionally cleaned and looking fresh, no tears or separating at the seams. Bubbled or warped floors due to moisture must be repaired.
- Ceilings & Walls: All painted surfaces are fresh with no mismatch touch-up areas, and repainting must be done corner to corner. No large cracks, holes, or peeling or chipped paint.
- Windows: No cracked, broken or missing panes. All windows accessible from the outside must have locks that work. All bedroom windows must be operable if they were designed to be opened and have vertical or horizontal blinds
- Window Well Covers: if required by code - properly installed.
- Doors: Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops are installed. No broken, missing doorknobs or lock parts or have large holes.
- Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Smoke detectors installed in each bedroom. Carbon monoxide detectors on each floor.
- Bathroom Ventilation and Care: Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew. Exhaust fans must work properly. If there are no fan, an operable window or non-mechanical ventilation shaft vented to the outside, attic, or crawlspace is acceptable.
- Stairs: Loose or broken, missing parts or handrails must be repaired or replaced. Handrails must be at least 34” for any deck or porch that is more than 30” from the ground.
- Landscaping: Fresh and clean. Lawns cut and trimmed. Yards cannot have accumulation of trash, debris, discarded furniture, or vehicles. Grass and weeds over 6 inches much be cut.
- Mechanical Systems and Appliances: All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Lights: All light bulbs working - prefer to have same color temperature.
- Electrical Hazards: No missing and cracked switch and outlet cover plates. GFCI outlets need to be working.
- Plumbing Issues: Any leaks repaired.
- Utilities: All utilities must be turned on.
- Woodburning Fireplaces: If operational, fireplaces shall be clean of any debris (including chimney swept recently) and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
- Patio Doors: Back sliding door must have vertical blinds or curtain rod.
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds.
- No draperies on windows
- All windows should have screens
This list is not meant to cover each and make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked.
For more information, please contact us at info@MaxfieldRents.com or fill out the form to the right.